Choosing a medical group that fits your needs is essential in receiving quality healthcare. Chinese Community Health Care Association (CCHCA) offers our members and the community some of the most comprehensive and culturally sensitive health care providers in the San Francisco Bay Area – through a network of primary care physicians and specialists.
Medical groups are networks of physicians that share an organized system of delivering care to a health plan's members. Members of CCHCA are eligible for extras that support their wellbeing. In addition to the value-added programs available through your health plan or hospital, the following services are also available to our members:
- Live support over the phone - Our Member Services department is proud to be able to provide live support for patients who need help with their healthcare, or new members who may be calling for more information regarding healthcare that fit their needs.
- Health Education classes – In partnership with the Chinese Community Health Resource Center, CCHCA members have the opportunity to enroll in health classes and services ranging from yoga and Tai Chi classes to diabetes and heart health seminars.
- Quarterly Newsletters - Newsletters are sent out on a quarterly basis in order to keep our members informed about upcoming events. These newsletters contain important information regarding health tips, news, and announcements.
Easy access to specialists
Primary care physicians within CCHCA's network may refer patients to specialists without having to obtain prior authorization from their respective health plans. Free Physician Directories are available upon request. You may also find a complete listing of network physicians under "Find my Physician."
How to become a member of Chinese Community Health Care Association
- When you enroll with your health plan
If you are signing up with a health plan or going through the annual open-enrollment process with your employer, you may simply select Chinese Community Health Care Association (CCHCA) as your "Medical Group" on your HMO enrollment form. CCHCA is currently contracted witht he health plans listed under our "Plans" page. If you plan to become or is currently enrolled in one of our contracted health plans, you may be eligible to become our member. Please contact your health plan for more information.
- Switching to Chinese Community Health Care Association at any time
If you are currently under one of these health plans, and would like to become a CCHCA member, you may contact your health plan's customer service department (printed on your insurance card) to see if you are eligible to select CCHCA as your "Medical Group." When changing your medical group to CCHCA, you may be required to select a primary care physician (PCP) that is within CCHCA's network of physicians. A complete listing of available PCPs is available under our "Find my Physician" tab above.